Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Cross curricular #4

Earlier I was painting the right side of the canvas using darker colors so then I could start to do some color blending and shading in the portrait. Since I have had that part if the artwork finished I have been slowly starting to work on more of the color blending by adding in more lighter colors such as whites and greys for around the mouth, cheekbones and for head. To do so I would have to be very carful on how much lights I would add to the darks because if there was to much white in one area it could throw off the whole painting. Several times in the process I would have to restart an area by covering it with a black so then I could work again. Eventually after most of the struggle I went through I shaded the whole right side of the face properly and precisely. Soon I will start painting the gorilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment