Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Cross curricular #5

I have started working on the left side of the portrait (the gorrilla side) and so far so good, but I do know that it is going to be tough to do properly. I have noticed while painting that by using 3 different pain brushes relatively around the same time it becomes easier to paint with. I would use the big paint brush for painting thick and large amounts of one color, I would use a medium brush for doing some shading and rounded movements, and the smallest brush I could find for very small detail such as the hairs in the gorrilla. In my portrait I started painting most of it black but I did really concentrate on the eye because I think the eye needs to be attracting to those observing the painting. For now I will just do most of the shading and painting of the image, later I will he doing very fine and detailing features.

No comments:

Post a Comment