Friday, June 20, 2014

Cross curricular FINAL

I have finally finished my cross curricular between art and biology. Today I have put all the final details on my gorrilla that were needed to get the eye appealing look to the painting. The gorrilla eye came out really good because of the different shading and the eye region. As well in the painting I added the jacket to the rest of the body and a little but of a T-shirt to go with it as well, and to finish the jacket off I wrote "NIP ROCK" on it since that is what our school jackets say on them. To tie the rest of the painting together I put a darker backround with a lighter shading of white and grey around the gorrilla and painting of me so then the images will be able to pop and get the attention of the eye. I am really happy about the way the whole painting turned out to look like. Some of the skills that I have learned from this assignment are to stay patient, use several paint brushes to get certain looks and styles added into the artwork, and starting from really dark colors and slowly making them lighter to get the correct shading are the best skills to have for painting

1 comment:

  1. Aidan, I'm so glad that your painting is finished. I know you had to take a little break from it for a while, and sometimes that's the best thing for an artist. I've had to do the same thing with my art, too.
    I appreciated reading about the skills you learned while painting, because those are the things that are best learned through discovery (instead of the teacher telling you what you need to know). Good for you!

    ReplyDelete