Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Cross curricular #6

In my painting I have all of the painting part of the gorrilla finished, now I just need to do small details like the little hairs, dots in the eyes to make it more attractive and the ridges around the nose. So far I have been concentrating on the little hairs on the jaw line and the forehead of the gorrilla because then I can work from the outside in to get all the details done right. I have been using a small paint brush and lit of greys and whites to get a 3D hair look to the gorrilla. The ridges I have added to the gorrilla aren't exactly turning out the way I wish them to look like, they really do seem like grey lines going straight across the nose. It has been hard to get some semetrical look to the ridges on the nose because I am not having good controlled of the paint brush while doing so. After a while of practicing and sticking to it I have noticed that if you hold the paint brush by the tips of your finger you can get better cintroll of the brush. Doing so j have been able to get most of the detail done in my painting of the gorrilla. Soon I am going to finish up the rest of the detail in the gorrillas face and then I am going to add an arm to the gorrilla and painted a jacket on me on the right side of the portrait and I will be finished. So far everything has been running smoothly with only a few minor bumps in the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment